Easy Read Time Teacher Kids Watch Navy Band Grey Face
Our Easy Read Time Teaching kids watch removes the struggle from reading analogue time
At first glance, telling the time may seem a simple concept to learn, however when you consider the number of skills required to accurately read analogue time such counting, number identification, fractions, length, spacial awareness and ambiguous terms such as ‘second’, ‘minute’, ‘hour’ and ‘past’ it is easy to accept that teaching time is not only challenging but can cause children severe anxiety. Reading the time is without doubt an important life-skill, so how can we avoid the frustration and tears? With an Easy Read Time Teacher Kids Watch. A watch the teaches time in the matter of minutes in 3 simple steps.
How it works
Step 1: Read the numeral the minute (long) hand is pointing to
Step 2: Say ‘past’ if the minute hand is in the green/blue half OR ‘to’ if it is located in the pink/red section (colour depends on which watch is purchased)
Step 3: Read the numeral the hour (short) hand is pointing to
For example, “10 past 2”
How does the Easy Read Time Teaching kids watch differ from a regular watch?
Mainly our kids watch lessens the need for children to recall so many facts from their working memories at the one time; reducing anxiety whilst they are learning.
Here’s 10 reasons why we love the Easy Read Kids Watch:
1) It requires children to know numbers to 30 not 60.
2) All numerals are written on the clock face so the invisible numbers are learnt naturally and aren’t required to be learnt before time can be read.
3) There is a clear difference between the length of the hands.
4) The second hand is a red colour to further enhance its difference.
5) The numerals are various colours to assist with separation (rainbow face).
6) The 5 minute intervals are highlighted.
7) The important landmarks o’clock, 1/4 past, 1/2 past and 1/4 to are named.
8) With a 33mm diameter it is the perfect size for a little one’s wrist.
9) The glass face adds to its sophistication and clarity.
10) It is water resistant.
*With a 33mm diameter it is the perfect size for a little one’s wrist-but can still be used for adults.
The glass face adds to its sophistication and clarity.
*It is water resistant.
*Recommended Age: Those identifying digits to 30 (approx 4 years) – the young at heart.
Please note: Design can vary across the different batches we receive from our supplier. The logo emblem also may vary in design.The real color of the item may be slightly different from the pictures shown on website due to many factors such as brightness of your monitor and light brightness. Manual measurement, please allow 1cm error.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Nanny Annie Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.